Oh hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii fashion post. How long has it been since we've seen one of these hmm??
I have been lovin' LOVIN' on the weather as of late. I like it sunny and in the 90's and couldn't have been happier that we pretty much skipped the spring weather around here. We never had that nice looking, but still freezing blend of Spring... just went straight into a heat wave! Which meant I felt totally justified going straight for some bright summer colors to match my ecstatic mood and the hot rays of the sun.
I can already tell my fav color of summer is going to be poppy. The perfect "in between" of coral, red and orange (all of which can be really hard to wear depending on your skin tone and hair) poppy is my lover.
Weekend Poppy:
I love my poppy with a side of crisp white and bright blue. Not super red, white and blue Americana... just cool, fresh and fun. Two of my fav accesories right now are my poppy J.Crew flats and my adorbs Kate Spade floral bag. That poppy curbside didn't hurt matters either!
Work week poppy:
I was so in love when I found this Zara dress (copy me here). It has the perfect amount of classy/understated details (hello, do you know how often red accessories and lipstick can get tarty???) while still being fun, sophisticated and spring ready (April showers and May flowers and all)! Plus, since the dress pattern is bold without being overpowering and only has touches of poppy I could add another J.Crew fav (and poppy colored item) my rose bracelet. Of course I love to wear this with the matching necklace but here just the wrist accentuation was needed.
*note: unfortunately the rose bracelet and necklace are sold out at J.Crew but hooray Etsy has tons of more reasonably priced versions... I'll be so jealous when I see you sporting your Etsy find and knowing how much you saved compared to me. Try here.
Duh, the fun going out poppy:
I couldn't have been more excited to wear this faboosh Alice and Olivia sequin dress to my friend (and better than me fashion blogger -see here) Molliee's wedding last weekend. The dress would never work in a bright poppy color: tight, short, sequin, AND sultry red... OH NO! But the fun yellow color goes perfectly WITH a poppy colored accent. My red polish and lips (which have oh so miraculously matched all my outfits this past week since I can't get enough POPPY) were the perfect compliment to the sunny yellow, and then some nude shoes to elongate the legs (ok, ok and they may be one of the only pair of heels I can squeeze my post surgery foot into still... thank goodness for open toes!) and a fun pop of cheetah in my clutch finishes it all off.
I couldn't have been more excited to wear this faboosh Alice and Olivia sequin dress to my friend (and better than me fashion blogger -see here) Molliee's wedding last weekend. The dress would never work in a bright poppy color: tight, short, sequin, AND sultry red... OH NO! But the fun yellow color goes perfectly WITH a poppy colored accent. My red polish and lips (which have oh so miraculously matched all my outfits this past week since I can't get enough POPPY) were the perfect compliment to the sunny yellow, and then some nude shoes to elongate the legs (ok, ok and they may be one of the only pair of heels I can squeeze my post surgery foot into still... thank goodness for open toes!) and a fun pop of cheetah in my clutch finishes it all off.
Try some poppy, I bet you'll love it!
While I (obviously) love ALL of the outfits in this post, I'm LOVING that A&O dress! Gorg!
ReplyDelete