Come on, that last post?!?! It was just about us
getting to Cabo. Ok, let's be honest, since I kind of copped out and I didn't really write anything of substance it was PICTURES of us getting to Cabo (and settling in) and you didn't really think I was going to stop there did you? Don't you want to know what we did? I thought so.
The day after we arrived I went for a quick run on the gym treadmill, we had some breakfast, which of course was amazing, and then got acquainted with our hotel. Let's talk about about this place. It is ginormous, and all set onto a hillside on the beach, so you must take golf carts up and down and all around to the pools and spa, restaurants and to your room. The hotel is right on the beach, and I could not get enough of the water. Some people are country lovers, or snow lovers or city lovers, and while I am a city girl, and I could take a snowy vacation once in a while... I am a huge sucker for the beach. This place was my heave. Here are some pictures of the gorgeous property.
I seriously love it there. Maybe I should just move in.
After we felt like we'd see the whole place, but later realized - we'd only seen half of it, we got right down to business at hand - swimming, tanning and eating. We spent all day doing it, and the next day too.
.JPG) |
| Some early morning whale watching from our balcony |
.JPG) |
| The sky pool was actually IN the sky... such a long walk |
.JPG) |
| Gwen's happy place is in the water |
.JPG) |
| My happy place... NOT in the water, just in the sun please |
.JPG) |
| And, well yes, in reach of these |
.JPG) |
| All that exploring the hotel grounds wore me out. Vacations are exhausting. |
.JPG) |
| See? I am not the world's worst mom, I DID get in the pool occasionally. |
 |
| Day One and Gwen got freakishly tan, freakishly fast |
 |
| Sometimes you need to relax after a day of relaxing |
 |
| On our way out to dinner |
 |
| and then eating again the next morning |
 |
| Deciding between fresh squeezed pineapple, papaya and mango juices every morning may have been the best part |
.JPG) |
| Did I mention all I did was eat in Cabo? |
.JPG) |
| I need her confidence (especially in a swim suit) |
After a day traveling, and two full pool/lazy days we ventured out of the hotel on our third day and into downtown Cabo, to go to the Marina. We were lucky enough to go out on a yacht for the day and had the most wonderful time enjoying the gorgeous water and coast. After we docked I spied a major mall right on the other side of the Marina... Gwen got ice cream, I shopped and we had a scary encounter with a pirate...
 |
| You'd think after being suckered by the Bush Man in SF TWICE in her lifetime she'd understand these people are not stautes... she didn't realize and went to play with his hook... he moved and she about had a heart attack! |
 |
| Spending her pesos from the Englishman on really important souvenirs |
Basically, our first few days were super relaxing, and full of lots of tanning and eating. I promise the next few days, and upcoming posts are more full of adventures!
No comments :
Post a Comment