Things are pretty great in ye old San Francisco right now.
The weather is pretty darn gorg...
All sunny skies and gorgeous views and lately I have just really been feeling this:
I have been super blessed this year to get out of town on numerous occasions for work and play, frankly I've been gone more than I've been home almost in 2013! But this last month as I've been home a bit more I've made a concentrated effort to love the place I'm in. Gwen and I have been adventure-ring around Golden Gate Park many Saturdays, the Englishman and I have made efforts to have mini staycations in the city and enjoy all the things SF offers and being out in the Presidio for work I try and admire the Golden Gate Bridge, and the water at least once a day.
There haven't been many "raindrops on roses" lately and "whiskers on kittens", well just kittens in generaly make me sneeze... I'm glad it's not cold enough for "bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens" and even though I'll always love "brown paper packages tied up with strings" lets focus on "these [that] are few of my favorite [SF] things"...
*a city full of museums, parks, and galleries - most are kid friendly, and all are endlessly impressive, inspiring and fun to roam around
.JPG) |
| So grateful to have a little adventurer who wakes up everyday and asks where we are going and what we are doing. I like being expected to provide cultural, education and fun things to do all the time! |
.JPG) |
| Glad she likewise thinks we need to try out every hot chocolate place and test their chocolateyness and their whipped cream. |
*a city with amazing farmer's markets - most especially the Ferry Building and its array of delish things
*sports, sports, sports... most notably MY Giants
.JPG) |
| Yes, I was at Opening Day. Yes, I cried when they put up the World Champion flag (on their way to do it in the above picture). Yes, the Englishman made fun of me. No, I don't care. Yes, I'd cry all over again. |
 |
| I talk about them significantly less than my Gmen (but I have a G obsession so let's let it slide) but I love the Warriors almost equally! |
 |
| The Englishman devoured this honestly in like three seconds flat, it was a feat to beat the action on the court for sure. |
 |
| So much fun having my brother in town and able to come to the game with me and the Englishman and of course my daddy! |
 |
| Yes, I love SF, and yes the Warriors play in Oakland... and YES I finally have learned my lesson. I don't look cute in nerdy glasses. I promise to [hardly] wear them from now on. |
*no, the homeless problem isn't a reason I love SF... but all the opportunities and the amount of people I see who do volunteer, donate and give charitably non-stop sure does make me feel some SF pride.
.JPG) |
| No fair that the Englishman took his hair net off before the picture. PS nothing more sexy than watching a man make sandwiches and stuff lunch bags... PPS Gwen takes a lunch to school everyday... you're welcome to come over at night and make hers since you're soo good at it!! |
*delish food Delish Food DELISH FOOD
Some of my current obsessions in the food realm right now in SF
- Straw (best breakfast ever: MUST GET the chicken/waffle with blueberry jam - plus it is carnival themed HOW CAN ONE LOSE?!?!)
- Town Hall one of the most consistent dessert menus in the city WINNING
- State Bird Provisions
- Susie Cakes (you know me right? I need to explain this?)
- Blue Barn
- Juice Shop
- Salt House old favorite, just recently went there again and it was so amazing!
- Tacolicious I will never get sick of you my love!
 |
| Black bean burger. And me. Friends. Who woulda thunk it? |
 |
| Butterscotch/Chocolate Pot de Creme and Town Hall. Too much but I always finish it. Can't let a bit go untouched. |
 |
| Tacolicious is deeeeelicious. |
*Stupendous arts like Broadway musicals... we have been lucky enough to see The Lion King, Wicked, Book of Mormon and now Jersey Boys in the last six months!
*fun (random) things to explore... like the Tcho factory tour
 |
| Best part of the short (kid friendly) tour... tasting. Honestly we tried at least 9-12 different chocolates... it was ALMOST too much for me! |
*opportunities to attend special events like the opening of the new home of the Exploratorium museum!
.JPG) |
| Sometimes I would rather not spend the hours getting ready that a black tie fete requires. Can't I just lounge on the couch in a wife beater and a sweater a liiiiiiiiitle longer?? |
.JPG) |
| You'd never guess hours of work went into this, or that shush since I still can't wear heels I am hiding flats under my long gown! |
.JPG) |
| A little pre Exploratorium party dinner at another thing I love about SF: Hillstone's. |
 |
| Another one of my favorite things about SF: this cute Englishman. Just playing with sound waves. |
.JPG) |
| Experimenting with all the "science" stuff. They are right it is almost impossible to wear those masks and have a conversation that matches the expression on them. |
.JPG) |
| A little after exploring the Exploratorium dessert bar stop. |
.JPG) |
| And this def needs to make my SF faves list: Tainted Love. Way to rock the Exploratorium opening party, and way to rock SF all the time. Want to do my birthday party? |
If you live in/by/on or around SF get there and do some exploring. The weather is nice and I am sure like me you've forgotten some of your old faves, or maybe yet to discuss some new ones... if you don't you should make a trip out here. I'd be happy to show you around... at least to all the great eats!
I just love this post! And SF. And your blog!
ReplyDelete