It's Opening Day! My Giants are down in LA at the Dodger's home opener (#BeatLA) but of course I have tickets to their home opener this Friday!
Last Friday we all got a little taste of the baseball season when we went to the A's/Giants exhibition game! The Giants won! Yay! I ate a hot dog - hot dogs make me feel so sick to my stomach, just even talking about them but for some reason at baseball games I could eat like four! Gwen tried AND LOVED garlic fries for the first time (although this meant she wanted to switch me for her regular fries and I was deprieved of the garlicy goodness) and I managed to get two, yes, that is right TWO pictures of the Englishman in one evening!
We sat up in the Club level which I have only done once or twice. I usually prefer (nice word for demand... I can be picky about my baseball watching preferences) to sit only in section 110, or if I have to, somewhere extremely close to there. The idea of sitting up on the second level has really never appealed to me, but I have to say I loved our seats! We had a bit extra space, and as we were in the front row - a great view. The lines for food and the bathroom were less crazy, and Gwen loved that MANY foul balls came right to our section! Despite the fact that all of us should have been at home getting over our colds (ps what are these colds that WILL NOT go away that we have... I am so sick of being sick!) we had a great time, didn't freeze too badly and are now totally amped for the coming season!
Oh, and since we don't usually see the A's play, Gwen of course almost died laughing when she heard Coco Crisp's name as he came up to bat the first time. And then again every subsequent time he batted after that. I guess she had never heard of him and couldn't believe anyone shared a name with a cereal!
I have been taking Gwen to Giants games since she was two months old! She has almost as much Giants swag as I do, and certainly wears it cuter than me! However, this was the first game Gwen actually asked me questions about the rules of baseball and about the strategy etc involved. Usually she just cheers for the guys she knows and loves (Panda, Timmy, Busta, Torres, BZ - her name for Barry etc) and eats as much junk and hot dogs as she can talk me into, but on Friday night she seemed to want to know all about what makes a ball a ball, and how they decide when to steal bases, swing or not swing etc. I was SO excited to see her burgeoning interest in my fav obsession! She also had to have the tiny bat, and insisted on swinging it when the Giants were at bat. I don't know how I sat next to her unscathed.
And in case you want to get as prepared as I am for Friday's home opener may I suggest the following items I already have en route to me?
One for me, one for the Englishman. So excited about these cute tees. Although, the Englishman has already refused to wear them to the same game. Apparently, any type of matching with me is considered extremely embarrassing and so lame. Insert eye roll on my behalf here. Last time I buy him an amaze balls tshirt, or take him to a game!
And of course if you know me you know I have an unbridled hatred for Tom's... They are only cute on people under 7. And even then I would prefer Gwen wore something else, I just can't [always] be that mom making her wear cute shoes that she isn't allowed to play in lest she ruin them, so Tom's make her school rotation more often than I would like. However, given that I still cannot put my frankenfoot into too many shoe options and they are Giants themed, I made a Tom's exception and bought these babies.
See you Friday G men! And good luck today in LA!
_edited-1.jpg)
_edited-1.jpg)
_edited-1.jpg)
.jpg)








No comments :
Post a Comment