Monday, November 26, 2012

Around these parts

Last night I was feeling a bit barfy faced and I was thinking back over my Thanksgiving week and realizing I honestly only consumed 5 Dr. Peppers a day, pain medication, some desserts and one big Thanksgiving meal pretty much all week. I think it is about time for a juice cleanse, or a Dr. Pepper detox or something. Despite my ridiculously poor heath habits last week, and my surgery, Gwen and I had a great Thanksgiving break. My sister and her husband DROVE out to visit us from Utah and were the best company, the most helpful nurses, worlds best photographer, and funniest faces.

It was a crazy but fun week, and as usual now that it is over I miss my sister, her rats, and wish I had taken more pictures! Here's a quick recap.

We went to Lion King.


It was pouring rain as we went from dinner to Uber to show, hence why we all look so amazing in the hair department.
We woke up to visiting cousins with the cutest smiles. 

I could kidnap this kid and not even feel bad. So adorable.
We went to church with the handsomest men.


My sister, brother in law, me and the Englishman all went to a vegan restaurant in SF to appease my picky and meat free sister. This was also the first time my sister and her husband met the Englishman... so exciting!


We played with cousins, lots and lots of cousins.

We ate the best ice cream sandwiches ever. I have mentioned these before. GO try them!


I had surgery.


And found a turkey in the hospital parking lot prior to my procedure. (It gave me hope - if that turkey was planning on surviving the week, so could I!)


I braved three grocery stores 24 hours post surgery with six kids in tow.



We snuggled on couches.


I took no pictures of humans or food on Thanksgiving - for which the Englishman gave thanks - why oh why does he hate pictures so?In fact I took no pictures at all on Thanksgiving. What was wrong with me?!?!

We took "family" photos. 

See those stairs behind me? I fell down them mid way up. All of the people eating outside and shopping at Blackhawk Plaza loved the show I put on in my one heel, surgery boot, crutches and delicate skirt. #Iamahotmess
Six kids, two adults and me on crutches braved Build a Bear.


I shopped in a wheelchair.

But got lots of stuff at J.Crew for cheap so it was worth it!
We watched Crazy, Stupid Love twice in two nights. 


Ryan Gosling. Ryan Gosling. Ryan Gosling. Oh and hilarious Steve Carroll. Face slapping, and shopping. What's not to love? 
I tried to send the Englishman photos of myself in sweats pretending to be cute despite my surgery and post surgery sweats action. He was not convinced.

How could you resist this? 
My sister is a good photographer and managed to take family photos of Gwen and I that don't show my nausea, my boot, and you'd never know that I was dying of embarrassment from all the Black Friday shoppers watching the circus action that was our taking pictures at Blackhawk Plaza.


And now I am back at work (don't I look so happy to have commuted into work on crutches this morning?) and am missing my sweet sweet blanket and my cozy spot icing my foot on the couch. Remember how much I didn't want to be "resting" last week? Now I do! I take it back! I take it back!




1 comment :

  1. I have a weird obsession with the Englishman. I know pretty much nothing about him, but you seem super happy and that makes me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete