Thursday, March 7, 2013

February Fly By

After our trip to Cabo I was totally missing the Englishman. I also, while so relaxed (and scarily tan), had really missed SF and felt almost as though I had been missing out on fun activities at "home" while I was on vacation. So, it is not surprising then that this picture montage of the whirlwind of activities we packed into the first few weeks after I returned!


My (very stylish in my necklace!) mom, Gwen and I braved the "freezing weather in Oakland" (compared to Cabo you know I was DYING) and went to the zoo...


Later that same Saturday the Englishman and I grabbed some dinner at Bluestem Brassiere and then went to see Wicked at the Orpheum Theater!

Who doesn't get a side of macaroni and cheese with their roast chicken?? 
Caramelized butterscotch tapioca pudding with PIG SHAPED cookies (stop trying to send me messages Bluestem!) and some yummy peanut butter cheesecake with brown sugar bananas and candied bacon! Why is my life SO good?

The following Monday the Englishman and I had Muse concert tickets... which of course meant that I needed to take a lunch break Monday and go in search of the perfect vintage rock and roll tshirt and a scarf to wear that night.



Once my outfit was selected and work finished we headed over to Oakland, and of course made time for a hot dog pre show!


The Englishman HATES me taking or posting his photo. To this I say, you can go along with it and take nice photos, or I can be relegated to snapping pics when and where I can... and then still posting them... your move Englishman.

Muse was I have to say one of the best concerts I have ever been to. They put on a phenomenal show and I also have to admit that before I was a bit confused as to why someone as dead sexy as Kate Hudson was with Matt Bellamy... I get it now. He is so adorable in rocker mode (note: prior to the concert I had only seen grungy snaps of him in US Magazine).


Muse lovers
The Englishman came out to the east bay a few days later and we went to the wonderful Esin. Then we saw the world's worst movie... Movie 43.



Then it was SuperBowl Sunday and despite our initial ideas to have a big party we ended up watching it together (after I went to church in 49ers colors in the AM) and had a wonderful afternoon watching the game and relaxing. So sad to see the 49ers get so close and then not win!



I, of course, brought the cupcakes. Because let's be real, it isn't a party until someone show up with cupcakes.



I also made some fun Super Bowl Bingo cards to play... they were a BIT TOO easy... and then the Englishman's contribution to the afternoon... THE WORLD'S BEST CHILI EVER! And a family friend provided the delicious and TOTES ADORBS 49ers candy apples!




A few days later the Englishman and I went to celebrate some small successes in my life, and I of course wore my feathered skirt for the occasion.



A few days later the Englishman and I ventured out again for dinner in North Beach at the "new and improved" Original Joe's. We were only mildly pleased with the food, and mildly irritated at the wait and slowness of the service. After dinner we had tickets to Beach Blanket Babylon. I had seen the show waaaaaaaaaay back one hundred thousand years ago in high school, and the Englishman had never been. I remembered it being funny and witty, but I was totally blown away this time around. The singers were amazing, the jokes up to the minute and so sharp and I had the best time.




Around this time I got out of my walking boot and started running again... at the time I was so hopeful for a big recovery and SO excited to be out running and not feeling like such a sloth again!




That weekend Gwen and I had a wonderful Saturday going to brunch, Golden Gate Park and the Cal Academy of Sciences. Highlight: Twirl ice cream truck in GGP! The earthquake exhibit at the Cal Academy of Sciences is a must do, and of course we had to go through the rain forest  aquarium and stop by and chat with Claude the albino alligator!







We then met up with my mom after her haircut and went for lunch and a quick shop. I quickly freshened up my makeup and threw on a gown and met the Englishman to go back to GGP for an event at the De Young Museum for the opening of the Girl with a Pearl Earring exhibit.






After our evening of art we headed to Jardiniere for dessert! And as much as I loved the Girl with a Pearl Earring book, and subsequently getting to see the actual painting itself (and seeing the Englishman in his tuxedo... any excuse people, any excuse I can get to do this makes me THRILLED) dessert may have been the best part of the evening!







The following week we treated ourselves to more ridiculously amazing food for an early Valentine's Day dinner at Quince. I was so completely blown away by everything I tried (despite my major reservations when I previewed the menu - NOTHING seemed very Bronwyn - all too fancy and stuffy and not a fried or bacon or chocolate covered thing on the menu!) and the service was impeccable. I would highly recommend Quince but def for a super special occasion ($$$$$)!







The next day we celebrated Valentine's day quietly. But quiet or not I LOVED my gorgeous flowers, and of course I treated myself to a cupcake... frosting is the universal language of love [to me].




The month came to a close with me trying on jackets that were just too hardcore for me to pull off, a Warriors game, and lusting over this VERY necessary sequin phone clutch purse.






The Englishman and I also went a fun cooking class... and then (OF COURSE) enjoyed the fruits of our labors with a pretty scrumptious dinner. Not sure how I got a ton of photos from the evening but not a single one of the main chicken course!?! I then woke up and it was March and I couldn't believe how fast 2013 has already flown by!




Whip it. Whip it real good. 











Shop the outfits in this post:

No comments :

Post a Comment