Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Fight for Air


This past Saturday the Englishman and I participated in the American Lung Association's Fight for Air Climb with his work colleagues.

On Saturday we both "raced" to the top of the tallest climbable building in San Francisco, 555 California Street, which is 52 stories (or you know, just 1,197 stairs!!). Before the event (and lucky for you through April 30th) I was/am raising donations to help fight asthma, lung cancer, COPD and dozens of other lung diseases.





Does it look ginormous enough yet? Are you so impressed? You should be!
When you make a contribution on my behalf, you will be helping the American Lung Association provide community based education programs, fight for cleaner air standards and fund life-saving research... and you didn't even have to run up all those stairs with me to help! And I will adore you and think so highly of your generosity and awesomeness! And you will get mail! Real mail, a handwritten thank you from me! I love mail, you can also mail me a card too - but only after you donate! Then I will really adore you!

Asthma is the number one cause of school absenteeism and every other day in this country at least 10 people die from an asthma attack. Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer death globally and is woefully under funded when it comes to research.

Pre climb shot. Even picture obsessed me realized I was too sweaty (and ok, hacking too hard - it gets hard to breathe in that stairwell toward the top) to be taking any post climb shots!
Side note: I was so impressed with the Englishman's skills on Saturday! He blew up those stairs super quick and put my time to shame (yes, despite all the smack talk I had been running about how I would crush him!). I was not nearly as quick as I had hoped to be, incorporating stairs into my workouts is now a priority! This did give me a few flights of stairs view of him climbing up ahead of me, hubba hubaa! It was also a fun way to push ourselves though (the Englishman is an only Crossfit type of worker outer, and as well all know I'd prefer to be a non worker outer where possible) and afforded me an opportunity to think of others and use the various social media platforms I obsess over for something other than showcasing pictures of my clothes, child and daily meals!  (I do believe now that I am blogging about this - and yes, blogbegging for donations that I have now "pimped" this cause on all the social media outlets I use!)

I hope you will take a minute (not the 20 it took me to run up all those stairs) to donate and consider joining me next year at 555 Cal!

Donate here: http://action.lung.org/site/TR?px=5127497&fr_id=6460&pg=personal

Let's not act like I didn't see this sign, and think "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? Only 22 MORE floors? Death!!"
This sign marker (and the hot orange star) were a much more welcome sight! Yay!
AGAIN, don't forget... to Donate here: http://action.lung.org/site/TR?px=5127497&fr_id=6460&pg=personal

No comments :

Post a Comment