I have never been part of the lucky 1% of humans who look simply flawless in a bathing suit. I have nothing to fill out a bikini top, and let's be real who doesn't have a love/hate relationship with their legs? I mean yay! They get you places and are good for walking, running, dancing (stole that line straight from The Little Mermaid) but yipes aren't there always other stems that are longer, tanner, smoother, thinner, trimmer, more toned insert whatever whatever whatever your weakness/lust/wishes are here.
I also think that bikinis, tankinis, etc are like so super major upkeepy. I mean you have to always be all "hmm is the top staying up, are the bottoms too skimpy, how does my posture look right now etc?"
Now, I don't hate bikinis. Nor do I hate my body (we have a long up and down history but I am learning to be friends with it). And it isn't like I haven't ever found a bikini I don't like - I have, and I wear them occasionally.
But, I love one pieces.
I think a well cut one piece always looks glamorous, chic and just that right amount of vintage fab.
Plus, I can run after a munchkin, lay on my back or front and tan/read with no weird pulling/tugging/awk tan lines. I also think that one pieces are pretty much far more universally flattering. On everyone. In case you needed anymore convincing - think of all the iconic one pieces out there: the Baywatch suits, Bo Derek (although be real all you saw was the braids!), Liz Taylor always, Farrah Fawcett's red one piece... I mean come on!
Last week Gwendolyn and I spent the day at a aquatic park relaxing (me) and going crazy (Gwen) after her big seventh birthday the day before. We took some of our favorite sandwiches (I love you Domenicos!) and hung poolside all day! I, of course, wore one of my fav new one pieces and was totally shocked that NOT ANOTHER SOUL [over the age of 11] at the pool had one on! One pieces are not only all the totally amazing things I said above, but they have been super trendy this summer! I am not one to bandwagon on to trends, but this one I support! Wholeheartedly! I have been stock pilling swimsuits for months - while the one piece is hot I have been grabbing all the cutest options for later! You should too!
Check out some of my favorites on my wish list:
Or just straight copy the ones I already have and love:
Some of my favorite places to shop for one pieces are Shopbop, Anthropologie and J.Crew! And now some pics!
PS: No good one piece is complete without a panama and some sunglasses...
No comments :
Post a Comment