I adore bows. And my philosophy is...
the bigger the better. The
second baby Gwen was in my arms I was sticking a bow in her hair! Well, actually just sticking a bow to her head, as she had very little hair. As soon as I was home from the hospital (and out from under the stern glare of the nurses) I was putting the biggest bows on headbands her little head could hold up! To this day, I still prefer that kiddo with a ginormous bow atop her head.
Naturally, when I saw Kate Spade was making ME sized bows I had to have every piece in the collection that had been bowified! (I may have even been on hold with the new Madison Avenue Kate Spade store for almost an hour trying to get theses pieces shipped to me as they were only available there!)
I also, loooooooove these silk camo pants and their comfy silhouette. Why use camouflage to blend in when you can use it to stand out? I enjoy a good pair of camo pants paired with a striped top, a chambray button down, or a pop of a bright colored tee, so of course the next challenge was to pair it with something decidedly feminine to counter balance the masculinity of the camo... for instance, something feminine... LIKE A BOW!
Every once in awhile I realize I have soul mates in the fashion world. Like when Kate Spade came out with the above purse. A license plate clutch? With the cutest gold station wagon clasp? Oh please. Or when I first laid my eyes on the Valentino rockstud flats I am wearing. I, of course, loved Valentino heels before my foot surgery, (and keep buying them in hopes I will soon be able to wear them for more than an hour at a time) but these rockstud flats were MADE to make my bunion surgery wearing flat options way more enticing!
I love this and I LOVE Kate Spade. You always put the BEST ensembles together! I'm wearing my newest KS "Ooh La La" bangle today (the glittery, sparkly peep-toe slingbacks I scored in the private sale did not quite go with the "Silicon Valley Tech" look I'm forced to abide by.) I think Shoshanna is my style soulmate. I also think Blair Waldorf is and I want EVERYTHING in her closet, but that's really getting ahead of ourselves here. :)
ReplyDelete