Monday, July 1, 2013

Gwen in Sevenland

For Gwen's 7th birthday party she wanted to have a Mad Tea Party/ginormous Alice in Wonderland fiesta. Which of course made me SO happy! My middle name is Alison and for the looooongest time I thought Alison Wonderland and I shared a name, which of course meant I naturally loved everything Alice in Wonderland!

As usual I made way too much food, tried to do too many decorations and had a lot of frustration that all the fabu things in my head my inept hands couldn't produce. Major "wins" for the day? Gwen couldn't have been happier, I managed to actually take pictures, AAAAAAAAAAAND I somehow caught the Englishman unawares and managed to extract a promise to dress up (he must not have been listening to what I was asking him, or known what/who Tweedle dum and Tweedle dee were when he agreed!)

We had a great time having White Rabbit sack races (hurry, don't be late), painting our own mad teacups, playing red heart croquet (don't lose your head), eating snacks, drinking tea pink lemonade and hanging with a "real" Alice or two.












All of us doing the "important things". Gwen=facepainting - I think by the time Alice left not a square inch of her face/arms etc wasn't covered in face paint! Englishman= trying the dessert table, and me= instagramming




Cheshire Cat Toms



















Saved the best pic for last!

1 comment :

  1. What great looking party decor and costumes!

    ReplyDelete