Things Bronwyn loves: Summer, Kate Spade, quirky bags, and poufy skirts.
Things in this post: Summer dresses, Kate Spade, quirky bags and one poufy skirt!
I adore this Kate Spade basket print dress! It is the perfect everything dress! It is light, cool, adorable, and completely versatile. Day dress, date dress, church dress, work dress, it has been in major rotation in my wadrobe lately.
I also think this cut is pretty universally flattering. With its boatneck, nice fitted bust, and (forgiving) high seamed waist with a full pleated skirt you can't go wrong! The skirt length makes it fun and swingy with flats or cute sandals, and yet it wouldn't be too short with heels! Can we agree now it is perfection?
Plus, the basket weave print?!?! Nice, neutral color that could easily be accessorized and dressed up, and will go with anything but with a pattern that keeps it fun and exciting!
For work and a lunch with some of my favorites last Friday (thanks for coming to meet me at the Ferry Building Gwen and my parentals - you are def my fav lunchmates!) I kept my look simple and easy! I just threw on the dress, one of my favorite multi color J.Crew necklaces and some pretty (albeit boring) tan flats. I dumped my personal cell, work cell, makeup bag, wallet, sunglasses case, book for the commute, cherry gummies (what? you don't keep a half pound of cherry gummies in your purse at all times? You should!) and personal office effects (figured I should finish moving into my new desk after a full week back right?) into this fun, summery Kate Spade tote that matched the theme of the basket weave print I had going on and was ready for work, the heat wave in SF and a sunny lunch on the water! Simple and chic!
That evening when I made last minute plans to run out to dinner I was able to just make two MINOR additions and be evening ready in less than three minutes! A quick coat of some M.A.C. red lipstick, and my favorite tulle skirt from Anthropologie underneath my dress! I loved the extra pouf the tulle added, and the fun texture too!
Shop the look now:
No comments :
Post a Comment